DP Technology is looking for an enthusiastic UI/UX Designer who is ready to participate to change the overall user experience of our products and especially of our flagship product ESPRIT.
The UI/UX Designer will be expected to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys. This position implies translating previous data into user stories, sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
The UI/UX Designer, as a dedicated member of the Product Engineering Group, will play a central role in R&D Department by collaborating on designing, building and delivering, worldwide, the next generation of CAM software. Applicants should have a passion on working closely with Software Engineers, Product Teams, Resellers and Customers.
Mechanical Engineering is a complex and challenging environment. The UI/UX Designer will focus his skills and abilities to innovative by designing adapted easy solutions to our Customers.
- Translate and articulate customers’ needs into user stories
- Gather and capture multiple inputs from various Stakeholders
- Participate on writing software requirement specifications for the user interface
- Review enhancement requests and bugs affecting the user experience
- Test and verify product deliveries
- Lead technical meetings with R&D Teams and/or Stakeholders
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Collaborate with Product Marketing Department on strategic UI/UX related projects
- Collaborate with Marketing Department to adapt R&D products to the company identity
- Collaborate with external Stakeholders like Resellers and Customers
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendors
- Design and conduct user testing and research
- Prepare and conduct interviews and surveys
- Support technical writer on preparing Product help and documentation
- Support R&D Teams by providing, material for User Interfaces
What You Bring
- Previous experience as UI/UX Designer or similar role (2 years +)
- Ability to multitask and follow various parallel projects
- Ability to communicate easily and clearly across an entire organization
- Ability to iterate and communicate effectively with Teams and Stakeholders
- Creative thinker who can effectively innovate big ideas and work out daily details
- Wireframe and prototyping experience
- Precise and detail-oriented
- Proficient designing new software and refining existing software designs
- Ability to challenge solutions, provide alternatives with pragmatic perspectives
- Open-minded to criticism
- Obsessed with finding the best ratio between effort/benefit
- Portfolio demonstrating your UI and UX skills is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Design (Graphic, Interaction, Visual), Human Computer Interaction or related UX field; or equivalent work experience.
- Experience designing Windows Desktop Applications
- Computer Aided Machining (CAM)
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) or any other CAx
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Blend for Visual Studio
As needed, less than 10%
Regularly required to sit for long periods and talk or hear, both in person and by telephone. Use of standard office equipment.Apply