If you have a passion for industry-leading, world-class CAM software, an innovative vision of this technology’s potential, and a strong commitment to exceed all CAM industry expectations, we have an exciting opportunity for you as a Senior Applications Engineer for ESPRIT CAM at DP Technology Corp.
Together we will significantly change the machine tool industry, designing, developing, supporting and delivering highly innovative CAD/CAM solutions to improve each customer's bottom line.
As a Senior Applications Engineer, you will use your technical skills to identify and provide dependable solutions for our diverse customer base. The Senior Applications Engineer is the first line of support for our internal engineers and escalated customer support situations. The person filling this role is responsible for handling multiple high-level technical tasks that surround the use and implementation of our superior CAM software solutions.
If you feel excited by this opportunity, please apply today!
- Develop new and maintain existing CAM programming solutions (i.e. post processors, virtual machine definition files, and supporting documentation)
- Develop custom software solutions for customers and industry partners including advanced API product development (accessories add-in, KBM projects, etc.)
- Collaborate with customers on customer-specific API projects (contracted development projects)
- Create and maintain advanced technical training curriculum and technical bulletins
- Travel to customer and industry partner facilities to execute projects and conduct advanced technical training sessions
- Cultivate an array of business relationships within the manufacturing sector
- Assist sales department with pre- and post-sales technical assistance
- Collaborate with the internal R&D team to drive core product growth
- Provide technical support to existing customers
What You Bring
- BS or MS in mechanical engineering or related field
- 8-10 years of industry experience as a CNC Programmer, Manufacturing Engineer, Applications Engineer, etc.
- 8-10 years of CAD/CAM experience
- Experience with CNC machining, part programming and knowledge of the manufacturing industry
- Cross-functional team collaboration
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills
- SolidWorks and or SpaceClaim experience preferred, but any 3D CAD software experience is a plus
- Intimate knowledge of modern tooling and work holding solutions
- Expertise with various machine tool brands and commonly used controls