The Global Consolidation & Accounting Analyst is responsible for the global consolidation of all general ledger entries from each entity, foreign and domestic, and preparation of consolidated corporate-level financial reports. The position requires fundamental knowledge and experience with general accounting, month-end close procedures, eliminations and consolidations, controls, analytics, and foreign currency issues.
This position reports to the Director of Finance and works closely with all Accounting teams globally. The Global Consolidation & Accounting Analyst contributes to the success of the company by providing leaders with the most accurate data to make decisions that will ensure the financial well-being of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and administer global accounting close calendars
- Assist in monitoring monthly global accounting closes
- Review monthly subsidiary financial statements and ensure compliance with global accounting policies
- Coordinate with regional accounting teams on all accounting and financial reporting matters
- Ensure the integrity of global account balances
- Perform global G/L mapping and consolidations
- Reconcile intercompany transactions, book eliminations, and FX entries
- Prepare period end consolidated financial reports
- Participate in annual financial audit
- Assist in the development of efficient accounting processes and practices
- Identify process and system deficiencies, recommend improvements
- Develop and maintain process documentation
- Participate in finance and accounting projects as assigned by the Director of Finance
Regularly required to sit for long periods, type, use office equipment, and talk or hear, both in person and by telephone. Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds to move files or other items.
Up to 10% international travel, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 2+ years' of work experience in corporate consolidations and/or public accounting
- Proven track record in performing global consolidation processes
- Advanced level experience with Excel and intermediate-level experience with other MS Office products
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Deadline-driven, results-oriented, highly responsible, and accountable
- Proper understanding and respect for confidential information
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and flexible in a changing environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- High-level problem-solving skills
- Must maintain necessary travel authorization/documentation to travel Internationally
- MBA or CPA
- Experience using Sage Intacct accounting software
- Foreign language skills a plus