Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking an Applications Engineer for a 12-week summer internship. The Applications Engineer Intern will learn how to use ESPRIT CAM software and help the ESPRIT Applications Engineering team provide support to and build solutions for ESPRIT customers and OEM partners.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools. ESPRIT is a powerful, high-performance, full spectrum CAM programming system for milling, turning, wire EDM, and multitasking machine tools.
*This internship can be based out of Camarillo, CA; Rosemont, IL; or Charlotte, NC.
- Develop a professional understanding of ESPRIT CAM software and the applications of CAM software in the manufacturing industry
- Develop virtual machine simulation environments for factory-built CAM solutions
- Use CAD software to build and prepare machine and machine component solid models for simulation
- Assist engineering team in the creation and execution of CNC machining demos with OEM partners
- Assist Engineering and Marketing groups in creating technical training and marketing materials
What You Bring
- Must be enrolled in a Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering or similar technical degree program and in good academic standing
- Must be a good communicator using email, phone, online chat, online meetings and in person
- Must be responsible, driven and have an interest in CNC machining and CAM programming
- Some experience setting up or running CNC Machines, CAM Programming and CAD modeling preferred
- Ability to work Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week during the summer break
- Must have transportation to/from an ESPRIT office (Camarillo, CA, Rosemont, IL or Charlotte, NC) and OEM partner facilities in the surrounding metro area.
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality.
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant