Willemin-Macodel is a supplier of cutting-edge, made-to-measure machining solutions for complex, very high precision workpieces offering high added value in industries like watchmaking, jewelry, medical, aviation and more.
Camarillo, California (September 25, 2020) – Due to the innovative configuration and complexity of certain millturn machines (508MT, 508MT2 X400, 408MT), programming and simulating using conventional CAM software can be a challenge. Without the right software to drive those powerful machines, it is difficult to fully utilize their capabilities and realize their complete benefits.
By working directly with Willemin-Macodel and a number of key clients, DP Technology engineers developed highly optimized support for Willemin-Macodel within their ESPRIT CAM software to drastically improve the user experience and programming efficiency for the MT series, including output of machine-optimized, edit-free G-Code.
Some of ESPRIT’s key capabilities for these machines include:
- Create and sort operations in the required work coordinates
- Optimize simulation to match the output NC code and actual machine behavior
- Display various operation information to make programming in ESPRIT easier
- Provide a simple interface to set global machine settings
- Offer an easy way to mount vise jaws on the turret
- Offer a quick solution to mount chuck and collet on the main and sub spindles
- Allow programming of tailstock engage and disengage cycles
- Enable programming of vise steady rest engage and disengage cycles
- Let the user flag a milling operation as a cutoff operation
ESPRIT digital twin of Willemin-Macodel 508MT2
Well known in the industry for generating edit-free G-code, DP engineers also worked closely with Willemin machine specialists to create a turn-key digital machine package, consisting of post processors and virtual machines for the MT series. This eliminates the time spent on editing the G-code and streamlines the machine setup and first article run off for the end users.
“ESPRIT post developers collaborated with the team at Willemin-Macodel to develop a WM-specific software solution that enables quick processing of complex parts on our full 5-axis mill-turn machine tools,” says Jim Davis, Application Manager at Willemin.
ESPRIT provides not only a dedicated CAM solution for the Willemin-Macodel machines, but also extensive engineering expertise and knowledge to make sure the end users get started quickly and keep running at top efficiency using the MT series machines.